Yemen Solar Water Project 60 To 70mt Deep
As Per guidelines of the Ministries, a licensed engineer must be available alongside project coordinator of implementing partner (Muslim Aid Partner on the ground) to visit potential sites to properly examine water longevity and tests for safe drinking. To locate the wells, Yemen Aid works in close collaboration with the responsible government authorities that are authorized by Yemen Government and Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation. Additionally, engineers also put input on location for field study.
The projects aims to provide safe drinking water for the residents of the region who live in a number of villages at a reasonable economic cost, and this will contribute to reducing the suffering of women and children in bringing safe drinking water and providing them with greater opportunities where children are able to participate in schooling and women in raising children and practicing domestic work. The project will contribute to maintaining public health and achieving the goal that the organization has supported towards intervention of clean water access.
Site selection criteria
- Sites selected from areas of unhealthy hygienic schemes, free from toilets and septic tanks.
- The site of the projects is selected by Muslim Aid partner in Yemen , project coordinator and with support of an engineer. Muslim Aid partner interacts with community leaders to build trust and dialogue with beneficiaries to identify needs.
- The sites must be near to the community to be served.
- The sites are also made sure free from flood water and far away from contaminated sources of surface water or salt water.
- The sites have longevity in purified water access
Project Description per Each Well
- Supplying solar pump units with a productivity of 2.5 l / s and a total lift of 35 meters
- Supply and installation of 2” polyethylene pipes, 100 meters long and 1.5 inches, length of 200 meters
- Construction of a base tank of 5 thousand / litter capacity, size 3 * 3 meters
- Supply and installation of a 5,000-liter polyethylene tank.
- Building 2 water distribution center (Al-Manhal) with five taps (faucets)
- Supply and installation of a 50 x 50 cm marble panel carved with project data and information.
Project outputs and benefits
- The project will benefit approximate 1200 People
- Beneficiaries have a free source of clean and fresh water;
- Wells do not require electrical energy and there is no need for large pumps or pumps that use petroleum products to transfer water from one place to another; leaving a healthy and clean space available to communities impacted
- Water will never freeze due to geographical location of wells
- The water is cold in summer, warm in winter and comfortable to drink
- Improve water distribution for human use and also agricultural needs
Photos video will be provided to the donor
The final report is to be accompanied by professional grade photographs and videos. The final completion report will be shared with the donor, Name /Names of the donor/donors will be placed on the community water wells as per the donor request